Everything you need to know about Rosemary Essential Oil
Extracted from the leaves of the herb rosemary itself (Rosmarinus officinalis), this essential oil has its therapeutic benefits. The term rosemary is derived from a Latin word that translates to 'Dew of the Sea'. The woody aroma of this powerful oil has several health benefits. For centuries, the plant was used for religious ceremonies, cooking and even as a medicinal herb. The cleansing and purification characteristics of the essential oil are great for both body and mind. History of the herb usage was found in the Mediterranean region dating back to ancient Egyptians, who used it for remembrance and as an offering to the gods.
Rosemary essential oil is extracted from the flower of the herb and steam distilled later to make it powerfully concentrated. Popularly known as a mental stimulant, rosemary oil is considered to have antidepressant properties. Let's take a closer look at some of the stimulating, soothing, and pain-relieving properties of this essential oil.
Uses and Benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary oil is widely used in aromatherapy. From enhanced memory to improvement of overall brain performance, rosemary oil has several recognised medicinal properties.
- Researches on rosemary essential oil have indicated that inhaling this oil can improve your brain function. It positively impacts your thinking, concentration, and memory. We use it in our Invigorate atmosphere mists and Invigorate soy candle for this reason.
- This essential oil may work for some affected by androgenetic alopecia which is a hair loss issue caused as a byproduct of testosterone. Rosemary essential oil should be massaged into your scalp twice a day to boost hair regrowth.
- Rosemary oil was once experimented along with acupressure as an effective pain reliever for stroke survivors with shoulder pain. Hence this oil acts as a pain reliever. We use rosemary oil in our Eucalyptus Rosemary bath salt blend to relax achy muscles and ease pain.
- If you are looking for an essential oil that can help relieve anxiety, depression, and stress, rosemary is known to help.
- This essential oil has medicinal properties to control your cortisol level, which causes insomnia and causes mood swings.
- Rosemary oil has detoxifying functionality to support your gallbladders and help with digestion too.
- Inhalation of rosemary oil can boost your immune system and stimulate antioxidants to decrease stress levels.
- Rosemary works as a good space cleanser with purifying qualities. We use in our Purify atmosphere mist.
Apart from all of these medicinal properties, rosemary oil also helps you get relief from common cold symptoms like congestion and cough. It builds your immunity system and prepares your body to defend from bacteria. The aroma of this essential oil has a certain freshness to it which can purify the air naturally by removing foul odors. A good way to diffuse this oil is in an electric diffuser using an oil blend. In our Invigorate essential oil blend, we blend rosemary with peppermint and lime for a purifying and energising scent. The refreshing aroma also acts as a natural room freshener. Rosemary oil is not limited to emotional and mental well-being, but also extends to skin, hair and health care.