Why is Hemp oil so popular, and how can we use it in our daily skincare routine?
Hemp oil has become increasingly popular in the natural skincare industry due to its many beneficial properties for the skin. One of the main reasons for its popularity is that it is a natural and sustainable ingredient that can be grown without the use of pesticides or herbicides. This makes it an excellent choice for people who are looking for natural and eco-friendly skincare products.
Another reason for its popularity is that hemp oil is rich in essential fatty acids, including omega-3 and omega-6, which are essential for healthy skin. These fatty acids help to nourish and hydrate the skin, improving its overall health and appearance. Hemp oil also contains antioxidants, which help to protect the skin from free radicals and prevent premature ageing.
In addition, hemp oil has anti-inflammatory properties, making it an excellent ingredient for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin. It can help to reduce redness, inflammation, and irritation, making it a gentle and soothing ingredient for all skin types.
Hemp oil is also versatile and can be used in a variety of skincare products, from moisturisers to serums to balms. You can find hemp in our Superfood firming serum and also our night time favourite, Sleepy Head balm
Overall, the popularity of hemp oil in the natural skincare industry is due to its many beneficial properties for the skin, as well as its natural and sustainable qualities. As more people become aware of the benefits of natural and eco-friendly skincare products, the demand for hemp oil will continue to grow.
Hemp oil, also known as hemp seed oil, is derived from the seeds of the hemp plant. Here are some of the benefits of hemp oil in skincare:
- Moisturising: Hemp oil is an excellent moisturiser for the skin. It has a high level of fatty acids, including omega-3 and omega-6, which help to retain moisture in the skin. This makes it ideal for people with dry or dehydrated skin. Hemp oil also contains gamma-linolenic acid, which helps to maintain the skin's natural moisture barrier.
- Anti-ageing: Hemp oil is rich in antioxidants, which can help to slow down the ageing process. Antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals, which can cause damage to the skin and lead to wrinkles and fine lines. Hemp oil also contains vitamins A and E, which are essential for maintaining healthy skin.
- Acne treatment: Hemp oil has anti-inflammatory properties, making it an excellent ingredient for treating acne-prone skin. It can help to reduce redness and inflammation, as well as prevent future breakouts. Hemp oil is also non-comedogenic, meaning it won't clog pores, making it ideal for people with oily or acne-prone skin.
- Soothing: Hemp oil has a soothing effect on the skin, making it ideal for people with sensitive skin. It can help to reduce redness, irritation, and inflammation, making it an excellent ingredient for people with conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Regulating oil production: Hemp oil can help to regulate oil production in the skin, making it an excellent ingredient for people with oily skin. It can help to balance the skin's natural oil production, reducing the risk of breakouts and promoting a more even skin tone.
- Improved skin texture: Hemp oil can help to improve the texture of the skin, making it smoother and more even. It can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as improve the overall tone and texture of the skin.
- Non-irritating: Hemp oil is a gentle ingredient that is unlikely to cause irritation or allergic reactions. It is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, and can be used safely on a daily basis.
As mentioned above, hemp oil is an excellent ingredient for skincare due to its moisturising, anti-ageing, acne-fighting, soothing, oil-regulating, and texture-improving properties. It is a gentle ingredient that is suitable for all skin types and can be used safely on a daily basis. If you are looking for a natural and effective skincare ingredient, hemp oil is definitely worth considering.
Here are some tips on how to use hemp oil in your skincare routine:
- Moisturisers: Hemp oil can be used as a extra ingredient in your daily moisturiser. Simply add a few drops of hemp oil to your regular moisturiser and mix well before applying to your skin. This will help to boost the moisturising properties of your moisturiser, leaving your skin soft and supple. This is also a great way to make a cream richer if extra hydration is needed.
- Serums: Hemp oil can be added to your serum, or used alone as an oil serum, to enhance its anti-aging properties. Add a few drops of hemp oil to your serum and apply it to your face and neck before your moisturiser. Take a look at our Superfood firming serum which contains hemp blended with other vitamin-rich oils, such as babaob, chia, pomegranate and even broccoli seed oil.
- Masks: Hemp oil can be used in homemade face masks to soothe and hydrate the skin. Mix hemp oil with other natural ingredients such as honey, yogurt, banana or avocado to create a nourishing mask. Apply the mask to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
- Cleansers: Hemp oil can be used as a cleansing oil to remove makeup and impurities from the skin. Simply massage a few drops of hemp oil onto your face and neck, and then rinse off with warm water and wipe clean. Can also be used as a the first stage of a double cleanse method.
- Balms: Balms are similar to moisturisers but have added protection to the skin, usually in the form of nut or seed butters and a lant wax. We use hemp in our Sleepy Head balm for its nourishing properties.
When using hemp oil in skincare products, it is important to choose a high-quality, cold-pressed oil that has been extracted from the hemp plant without the use of harsh chemicals. Always do a patch test before using any new skincare product to make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. With regular use, hemp oil can help to improve the health and appearance of your skin, leaving it soft, smooth, and radiant.